The mission of Fire Poetry is to promote the importance of poetry in all its multiple uses, and to give voice to under-served or marginalized communities.
Part of this mission means giving back. Below is a list-in-progress of community resources.
If you would like to add to this list, the editors will consider groups who send a brief email about their focus and outreach. Email us at firepoetryeditors [at] gmail [dot] com.
Federal Government Resources
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – HUD offers a number of programs and services for people with disabilities and older people.
- Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Disability Rights Section – This link provides information on the Disability Rights Section and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Healthcare.gov – This government site provides information on finding insurance options, prevention, comparing care quality and understanding the new law along with FAQs.
- HHS Office of Civil Rights Community Living and Olmstead – This website provides information on the HHS Office for Civil Rights’ efforts to promote enforcement of the ADA and the Olmstead decision.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) – Site contains general information on the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program.
- Medicaid Long Term Services and Supports – The Medicaid program allows for the coverage of Long Term Care Services through several vehicles and over a continuum of settings.
- Medicaid Waivers – Waivers are vehicles states can use to test new or existing ways to deliver and pay for health care services in Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- Medicare.gov – Official U.S. Government Website for the latest information on Medicare enrollment, benefits, and other helpful tools.
- Nutrition.gov – A federal resource that provides easy access to all online federal government information on nutrition.
- Social Security Administration – The website contains a wealth of information and resources including on-line databases and publications.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) – Site provides information on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, including eligibility and application information.
- USA.gov - The official U.S. gateway to all government information.